2020 was a year.

So much uncertainty, so many challenges, so much GROWTH. Although many people would say that 2020 was a complete write off, I would say differently. As I reflect upon my own year, I am able to see God’s hand at work through it all:

How He challenged me. 

How He pruned me.

How He used me.

As I step into 2021 with full force, the one word that continues to come to my mind is TRUST.

Trust Him.

Trust the process.

Trust my own abilities. 

Last year I found that my thoughts were constantly filled with a lot anxiety around teaching, purpose and ability, as well as a lot of self-doubt. Despite the reassurance from my coaching teachers, practicum evaluator and even my own husband, I still fell victim to the lies that were continuously flooding my mind.

What if this isn’t where I am being called?

What if I heard God wrong and made the wrong choice?

What if I’m not cut out for this profession?

This is the year I have decided that I am going to be more trusting. Trusting myself and the knowledge that I have been equipped with over the last 3 semesters of this program. Trusting that others see something in me and my abilities as a teacher. Trusting that God will walk with me (as he already has been), step by step throughout the entirety of this journey.

Life is so uncertain (as we have clearly discovered in 2020…) but I am willing to walk into the darkness with open arms and trust. Yes, it will be hard and I guarantee that these lies will start trying to break into my mind over and over again throughout the year. But thats okay, because I am not walking alone.

“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strengths. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31